All you need to know when visiting The Moat House as a wedding guest.
Book a room
We have a range of double, twin, accessible and family rooms and suites available to book. Call reception on 01785 712217 to book. Quote the name of the couple whose wedding you’re attending to receive a preferential rate on your room booking.
We are located in the village of Acton Trussell, just a 5-minute drive from J13 of the M6. Our nearest railway stations are Penkridge (5 minutes by car) or Stafford (10 minutes by car) which is on the west coast mainline. We are also within an hour’s drive of East Midlands, Birmingham International and Manchester airports.
Check in and check out
- Your room will be available to check in to from 3pm. A limited number of early check ins are available for an additional fee. Please contact reception on 01785 712217 to check availability and organise an early check in. Alternatively, we can store your luggage if necessary.
- On the day of departure, we ack that you vacate your room by 11am.
We have plenty of free parking available on site. If you plan to leave your car on our car park overnight and are not staying at the hotel, please let reception know when you arrive.
- You can pay for drinks at the bar with cash or card, or charge them to your room bill if you are staying with us overnight.
- We have a strict Challenge 25 policy at The Moat House. Any guests ordering alcohol who appear under the age of 25 will be asked for ID. Failure to produce valid ID will result in refusal of sale.
- We politely ask that you do not bring your own alcohol onto the premises.
- Final orders at the bar are at 12:45am.
- Your food will have been chosen for you by the couple.
- Please inform the couple directly of any dietary requirements at least one month before the wedding date.
- If you have any dietary requirements please speak to a member of the team on the day, and they will be able to advise on allergens when canapés and the evening buffet are served.
To preserve and protect our beautiful surroundings and wildlife, please note that we only allow biodegradable confetti. Thank you.
If you require a taxi, we strongly advise that you book a few days in advance. Our local taxi companies are:
- Casper Cars: 01785 712222
- Westside: 01785 225588
- Kaminski: 01785 603030
- Aerobrights: 01785 244444
- Smart Cars: 01785 247247